PLAYING RESPONSIBLY IS IMPORTANT
Playing responsibly means being in control of your gambling experience as part of your entertainment.
WHAT IS OUR COMMITMENT TO RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING?
We are dedicated to protecting players, committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the correct tools are in place to help you enjoy your gambling.
PREVENTING UNDERAGE GAMBLING
It is a legal requirement to be over the age of 18 in order to gamble or such higher minimum legal age of majority as stipulated in your jurisdiction of residence. All the casinos we partner with have a responsibility to ensure players who register an account with them go through a verification process to ensure they are of legal age to gamble.
There are various protection tools that parents and guardians can implement to prevent underage gambling. CYBERsitter, for example, is a filtering software that allows parents to add sites which they would like to be blocked. Visit CYBERsitter here.
ENJOYING YOUR PLAY
Your time on any casino, whether through us or not, should be an enjoyable experience so we, therefore, advise that you follow these simple guidelines before and during your play:
- Make a decision before you play on your limits regarding deposit, wager and net losses. Keep up to date with your transactions and check on a regular basis how much time and money you’re spending.
- Prioritize your daily responsibilities accordingly and ensure your play does not interfere with your normal everyday activities.
- Don’t play if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Don’t try to chase your losses. If you think that you are losing control of your gambling consider applying a limit, restrict your account or seek further help.
Looking at your gambling habits gives you the chance to reflect on how comfortable you are with the time and money you are spending and may prove helpful to identify issues before they become a problem. We have created this self-assessment to help you make that analysis.
Taking the last 12 months into account, answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to each of these questions:
- Do I need to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer period to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Do I feel restless or irritable when trying to cut down or stop gambling?
- Have I tried to control, cut back or stop gambling without success?
- Do I spend a lot of time thinking about gambling?
- Do I often gamble when feeling distressed in some way, like for example anxious, stressed, lonely, guilty or depressed?
- Do I chase my losses by trying to win back money I lost?
- Have I lied to others about how much time or money I spend gambling?
- Has my gambling affected my relationships or my job?
- Have I sold possessions or relied on others to lend me money when I have lost it because of gambling?
- Do I often play until all my money is gone?
- Have I ever thought about self-harm or suicide because of my gambling?
- Have I ever stolen money to fund my gambling?
- Have I lost interest in my family, friends or hobbies because of my gambling?
- Have I ever played under the influence of alcohol or other substances?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to four (or more) of these questions, you may be experiencing problem gambling and we recommend that you consider applying limits to your online casino account(s) or self-excluding yourself from the casinos, as well as speaking to someone about your answers.
It is advisable to decide on your financial limits before you start to play, as the chances of players experiencing a gambling problem is greatly reduced with this in mind.
You can control your play with 4 different types of limits:
- Deposit limits enable you to set a limit on the amount of money you deposit into your account for a given period.
- Net loss limits allow you to control the maximum amount of money you can lose over the selected period.
- Wagering limits allow you to limit the amount you can wager for the period selected.
- Session limits will limit the amount of time you can stay logged into your account.
The financial limits can be set on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and you can adjust your limits whenever you choose to. This facility is available online here when logged in or by contacting our Customer Service team.
The financial limits may be reduced immediately at any time. Any request to increase or remove a limit is subject to a 7 days ‘cooling-off’ period. The original limit will remain active until then.
Self-exclusion allows you to take a break from gambling if it becomes something else other than fun and entertainment. During the chosen period all online accounts that you hold will be subject to your self-exclusion request. During this period you should not receive any marketing material from casinos that you have self-excluded from.
HELP AND SUPPORT
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to do the same. Gamblers Anonymous offers the hand of friendship to anyone who is looking to try and stop gambling. You can visit the website here.
BeGambleAware is a charity that provides information to help people make informed decisions about their gambling. They can help you to find out more about gambling and what safer gambling means, to understand and recognize problem gambling, and show you where to go for further information, help, and support should you need it. You can visit the website here.